Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Behind

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

Do you ever feel like you have so much to do that you just don't know where to start?  Sometimes it feels like I'm always behind.  Every time I cross a task off my "to do" list, two or three more get added.  It can be overwhelming when there's so much to do all at once.

I sometimes write lists of all the things I want to accomplish in a day only to be discouraged when the list grows faster than it shrinks.  I've found it helps to break my list down into what I want to accomplish and what's actually realistic.  If I pick two or three things I know I can get done, I won't get lost in the details and discouraged that I'm falling behind.  In fact, I may even get more done this way.  The positive energy associated with finishing a task motivates me to fit in a few more.

It's another one of those days with a long list. Rather than sitting here trying to think of something semi-interesting to write about, I'm going to go tackle a few of those tasks and hopefully a few more.

Food for Thought: "In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." -Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment