Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Perspective

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

I'm on the road for the next few days and found myself without internet access.  I checked into the hotel early yesterday, looking forward to some distraction-free time to work on a post for today and tomorrow. Instead, I spent an hour and a half on the phone with an IT guy who couldn't figure out the wireless problems.  I started to get a little frustrated that my plans were blown to the wind before taking a step back for a new perspective.

Instead of dwelling on the internet situation I reminded myself how great it was that I had a hotel room in the first place.  I'm not living on the streets or in my car, and I have a computer (even if doesn't feel like cooperating).  On top of all that, I didn't even have to pay for the hotel room and I had a full day of interviews today.  I have so many blessings to be thankful for.

Food for Thought: "When you look at a field of dandelions, you can either see a hundred weeds or a thousand wishes." -unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment