Monday, June 25, 2012

Mindful Monday: Long Story Short

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.


1. I've realized it's easier for me to pray for things I view as completely out of my control  If it's out of my control then I give it to God and trust Him for the answer.  But if it seems like something I can handle on my own then I don't necessarily ask for his help.  In reality I can do nothing by my own strength and need to give him control of all areas.

2. The more you step out of your comfort zone the easier it becomes.  I've been avoiding joining a small group for lots of lame reasons.  I finally went to a new one last week and found none of those reasons to be true.  Sometimes I get stuck in old patterns of thinking and forget how much easier it is for me to be assertive and speak up than it used to be.

3. I feel like I complain a lot about not having a job and not knowing what to do with my life.  But at the same time, I know this phase of life has a purpose.  Without a busy schedule I have time to slow down and think. I'm taking a look at a lot of things that would otherwise be pushed to the side or set on the back burner.  Some are things I've been avoiding while others are new discoveries.  Either way I'm learning I have a lot left to learn. A lot.

4. Since this was a short post, I'll end with a long quote.  (And because it's so long I'm not going to type it in bold like usual.)

Food for Thought: "Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being 'in love' which any of us can convince ourselves we are.  Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.  Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two." -Louis de Bernieres

No comments:

Post a Comment