Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: How it All Started

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking


I was looking through some old photo albums and thought I'd share a little bit about my beginnings in the kitchen.

Do you think my plate was big enough?
My mom had me start "helping" around age 2 by letting me dump ingredients into the bowl and stir.  I would stand on a chair so I could reach and watch her measure out ingredients.  I'm sure I asked a million questions and made a huge mess, be she continued to let me be her little helper. She even took time to snap a few pictures....


If I wasn't helping dump and stir you might find me IN the cupboard.

Me (left) and my best friend, Nikki (right)
My best friend, Nikki, and I would take out all the plastic containers, spread them across the kitchen floor and then sit in the cupboard.  Obviously we were just helping reorganize.  It didn't take long for my brother to catch on.

Child-proof locks, yeah right.
Nikki and I loved to make cookies together. 


Remember when I told you about the wooden spoon I've been using for twenty years? That's the same one I'm holding in the picture above.  We also still have the yellow mixing bowls and orange measuring cups.  The red and green sippy cups (below) no longer participate in cookie making.  


Cookies were a two person (plus a mom) job, one to hold the bowl and one to stir. I couldn't even fit my arms around the bowl!

After making a gigantic mess I would help clean up...


...by licking the spatula, bowl and beaters.  Apparently "clean up" resulted in spreading the batter all over myself, oops. 



So many memories were made in this kitchen.  I find it amusing that the counter tops were (and still are) blue.  No wonder I love blue and being in the kitchen. Thanks, mom!



Food for Thought:  "Hugs were invented to let people know you love them without having to say anything." -unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment