Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts: Distracted Avoidance

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

1. Some people name their cars and some name their appliances.  My friend has a Kitchen Aid named Esmeralda.  I'm trying to think of a name for this mixer.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking an older name since it's such an old mixer.  Gertrude?  Mabel?  Gretchen?  Please shout out your suggestions.

2.  Today is Pi Day.  Pi as in the mathematical constant that begins with 3.14.  Get it?  March 3rd, 3-14.  We should celebrate by making pie.  Actually National Pie Day is in January and I missed it.  To make up for it we'll just make two pies and eat 3.14 slices.  Sound like a plan?

3. Now I may be the only one who does this, but I'm guessing you can relate.  Do you ever find yourself doing just about everything but what your supposed to be doing?  Let's say, just as an example, you should be writing a blog post.  Actually you should have written it hours ago and be asleep.  Yes, considering you have to go into work early you definitely should be in bed or at least close to it.  But instead you're watching a movie with your brother.  And hoping you can think of something to write about.  Because watching a movie will help you concentrate, work faster and get to sleep sooner.  Oh, and research shows that these combined activities also reduce stress, increase life span and lead to the discovery of time travel.  Say what?  Never mind.

4.  The mirror image of 3.14 kind of looks like Pie.

5.  I've had this song running through my head all day.

6.  The new toothpaste I'm using is really foamy.  I'm not too sure about it yet.

7.  Don't brush you teeth and then eat grapefruit.

8. Lip gloss before coffee is also not advised.

9. The word of the day is quirk.  I'll have to add quirk to my list of words I like.  After I start that list.

10.  Yep, told ya I couldn't think of anything to write about.  Let's just leave it at that.

Food for Thought: "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor." -Truman Capote




4 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and I love it! The recipes are great but best of all, I like your writing style and creative pictures. Keep up the good work, I will look forward to checking in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to let me know!

      Delete
  2. My vote for the name of your mixer is Pearl--an older, but classic name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of Pearl, thanks! It definitely fits with the color.

      Delete