The best part about homemade pizza is that you decide how much of each ingredient to use. You can use as much or as little of whichever toppings suite your fancy. Sometimes less is more with pizza (like the classic margarita pizza), but I always get carried away and pile on the toppings. If you really feel like following a recipe, I measured out what went on my pizza for you to use as a starting point. The possibilities are endless. Just use your instincts and have fun.
Spicy ginger peanut sauce is spread over fail-proof pizza crust. A sprinkle of mozzarella cheese is followed by shredded beer chicken. Crisp red and green bell peppers add sweetness, color and crunch. Bright orange carrots and thinly sliced red onion add even more flavor and color. A burst of fresh basil ties it all together. (hey look, peanut butter and basil again!)
Peanut Sauce Pizza with Beer Chicken, Veggies and Basil
makes 1 (10-to-12-inch) pizza
adapted from One Lovely Life
2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce*
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded beer chicken
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
2 Tbsp thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup shredded carrots
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
*I used 1 tsp of hot sauce, but next time I'd cut it back to 1/2 tsp to allow the peanut flavor to shine though.
*Place baking stone in oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F for 30 minutes.
* Meanwhile, stir together peanut butter, garlic, ginger, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and water until smooth. Set aside.
* Bake crust for 5 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
* When crust is cool enough to handle, spread with peanut sauce.
* Top with mozzarella, chicken, red and green pepper, red onion and carrots. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
* Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.