Monday, July 23, 2012

Mindful Monday: Ongoing Practice

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.


Once again I find my mind going a million directions.  My thoughts feel as scattered as broken glass and piecing them together seems like it will take more energy than it's worth.  Perhaps God is using these times to direct me back to his Truth.  I need to replace my thoughts with his thoughts all throughout the day.  This is not a task or accomplishment that can be checked off or finished. It's an ongoing practice that must be repeated over and over, much like breathing or the beating of a heart.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. -Psalm 25:4-5

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.  -Psalm 86:11

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? -Psalm 8:3-4

The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. -Lamentations 3:25

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. -Hebrews 12:11

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. -James 4:7-8

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. -Psalm 51:10

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. -Psalm 106:1

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Food for Thought: "The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln :)



No comments:

Post a Comment