Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday's Twist: Twisted Cinnamon Bread

Tuesday's Twist:  A basic recipe with a fun twist.  In other words, just another excuse for me to play around with weird recipes I've been dying to try.


Triple twist cinnamon rolls.  Okay, the triple aspect is debatable, but it started with a T.  This twisted ring is one of those concepts I've been wanting to try for a long time but didn't use a recipe for.  Step by step pictures would have been nice, but that sounded messy.  Basically you make cinnamon rolls, but slice the log in half lengthwise and then twist the two ropes together into a ring.  Say what?  Just check out these pictures over at Just Love Cookin for an idea of how to slice and twist your dough.


I didn't get the ends tucked in quite right, which means I had better try this again soon.  You know, to practice.  Practice makes perfect, but imperfect pieces call for slicing off a sample to hide the evidence.


I made an orange flavored dough then spread the inside with orange marmalade (remember these?) and sprinkled it with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and probably a few other things I didn't keep track of.  Oh, I think I threw in some cardamom.  Sorry, sometimes you just have to freestyle it and see how it turns out.

Food for Thought: "A healthful hunger for a great idea is the beauty and blessedness of life." -Jean Ingelow

No comments:

Post a Comment