Monday, January 7, 2013

Mindful Monday: Accountability, Memorization and Truth

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Accountability is always helpful for me.  In efforts to get more scripture in my head (and heart), I'm participating in a group focused on scripture memory.  Twice a month we pick out a verse we want to commit to memory and email it to the group leader.  She then emails out the verses each person has chosen. It should be neat to see what verses everyone picks and encourage each other along the way.

The first verse I chose is one I am already quite familiar with but would still like to dwell on more.  Sometimes I'm so familiar with a verse I think I have it memorized, but I  really don't.  On this one I always get the order mixed up or leave some parts out all together.

Philippians 4:8-9 "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned, or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

I want to keep these things forefront in my mind and repetition is key.  So much of life seems to come down to a mind game and focusing my mind on the Truth is the solution.

Speaking of Truth, you should check out the She Reads Truth movement for another great option to add in more Truth to your life. It's never to late to start.

Food for Thought: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." -John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment